Thursday, February 9, 2012

it's not romantic.

David,

I've been reading your posts also. I just saw your update today. I don't know what's going on why you but you gave me some good advice and I hope you take my advice to you as helpful.

When I met you, you spent a lot of time talking about your mother and how you didn't have many choices growing up. I feel like this venture of quitting your job and moving to the LES is your way of rebelling against your mother and reliving your youth.

You've romanced this artistic life in NYC and it's not romantic.
It's hard work. People who are artists struggle to make it not to be struggling starving artists.

You are not 22 anymore. The 22 young man has been long gone. The only thing that matters is today. It's very sad to see you give up all your hard work to live in a fantasy.

I am saying this as a friend and to help you.