Tuesday, November 3, 2015

hello hippie lou,

i hope your week has started off pretty well since we chatted at madman espresso! i wanted to share a quote from the founder of To Write Love on Her Arms, an inspirational non-profit organization that encourages people wrestling with tough stuff like self-injury and major depression. I attached a photo of the quote to this e-mail, and I hope it gives you a dose of inspiration, hippie lou! :)

thank you for inspiring me to reach out to my 5th grade teacher on LinkedIn-- i wrote to her through a form on her school homepage, she doesn't have LinkedIn, so I was thrilled to find that form so I could type a message to her! If you want to see her profile page (on her current school's website), here it is!

And in an introductory packet for her 3rd grade students, she wrote, "I use a lot of positive reinforcement and patience in the classroom. :)" That sentence definitely captures my experience with her as a 5th grader!

happy tuesday!