Monday, October 15, 2012

So you ended up becoming a muse for me as well.


Dear Hippie Lou,

An email to you is long overdue!  Season’s Greetings! (whatever season we’re in)

Thanks for the invite to your Meeting of The Muses.  Do appreciate you thinking of me; hope it went well, and that you are well as well. The invitation did confirm a feeling I had that you must be a good writer after you mentioned someone’s “Pippi Longstocking hair” back in Balthazar.

Last November, your response to my email (Beautiful email, love the writing) triggered something off in me.  It occurred to me that it would be more effective to write you about how I learned to heal my mind, rather than haphazardly attempting to say too much in too little time in crowded La Colombe.  Words spoken to me by an inner voice almost 25 years ago popped into my mind--“What you really want to do is write your book” as well as your remark, “Books are special,” and other insights about a book about myself from the years 2000-2001.

Although resistant, I began to mull over the idea…where to begin and end…reread Man’s search for Meaning, which I must have pulled out of a milk crate when I dug up The Spear of Destiny after that first encounter with you.  I like the way Frankl wrote the book.  It’s not too long either. Started reading A Beautiful Mind (also triggered from your email) and reviewing A Course in Miracles (an important book in my healing process, which I had not opened up in awhile).  Wrote a rough outline.  I now believe it would be beneficial for me to review my experiences, organize my thoughts, and write this stuff out.  It would strengthen this healing process in me, as I still have corrections in my thinking to make, and sometimes forget to do it.  I do have much to do to prepare to re-enter the workforce, so I do not intend to put more than a couple hours a week into this project, but I will do it.  Hesitated writing you until I reached that decision, although you have cropped up in my thoughts quite often.

So you ended up becoming a muse for me as well.

And all’s well that ends well,