Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And then there are creation myths that involve weaving and/or spinning. One of these days, I'll get there.


Hi, so good to hear from you...i have been remiss...i noticed a maryland return
address on your letters but had no idea you were living there...am kicking myself for not
trying to visit.  i love your newsletter...in fact, i am very interested in creation from a
"scientific" perspective and stories like yours (re the fallen tree and the towel) give me
great insight into how creation happens.  i shared it with my five hundred and fifty or so
facebook friends.  i also love words, as you do, and think of myself as a weaver now
thanks to you!  idea for you - do an essay on "great" weavers throughout history.  penelope
of ithaca comes to mind.  :)

i still haven't had a chance to adequately express thanks for the letters...i can't tell you
how much they meant to me.  every time i reconnect with the little boy, it gives me fresh
energy and much inspiration.  so thoughtful of you, i will never forget.

i would very much like to come to california and see you.  i will try to make it so.

yours in weaver-hood, hippie lou aka david

****

Good morning, David.

Thanks for sharing my article.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  And thanks for sharing an idea.  I've thought about doing something about famous weavers -- Charlotte (of Charlotte's Web) also comes to mind.  And then there are creation myths that involve weaving and/or spinning.  One of these days, I'll get there.

What do you mean by a scientific perspective on creation, creating?  … I do find the creative process fascinating.  I recently visited some open studios and it was so interesting to catch a glimpse at how these artisans work (and arrange their spaces).

No need to apologize for not visiting us in MD.  There's lots I would have liked to do during my brief tenure there that just didn't happen.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed getting those letters and that they are a way for you to reconnect with your younger self.

How did you fare with Hurricane Sandy?  I hope you stayed safe and warm.

Love,