Tuesday, August 29, 2017

he has chosen an unconventional path right now but one that seems very authentic and optimistic.

Dear friends and family,

I wanted to let you all know that I had a delightful breakfast at a restaurant with David Webster in New York City in early August.  I met his good friend and we had a lovely time.  The staff and owner of the restaurant knew David well and they all treated him with great affection.

I was concerned as I know you all were when we received the email this summer which included the letter from his therapist.  I didn’t know what to expect when I met with him.  I’m glad to report that when I saw him he looked well fed and had a roof over his head.  He spoke eloquently  and thoughtfully.  We reminisced about his life journey and when he came to Elizabeth and my wedding back in 1986!

He had signed up for pubic assistance and was about to find out that week about possible new shelter.  We took some photos, he shared contact info for Pam and Kaisha and we promised to stay in touch.

If anyone else is planning a trip to NYC, I would encourage you to drop David a line.  From my limited perspective, he has chosen an unconventional path right now but one that seems very authentic and optimistic: a path that seems to be leading toward wholeness and well-being.