Saturday, August 19, 2017

overnight with a hippie.

something magical happens when i'm with people, spending the night.

i never know what it is in advance, or even in the moment.  but with hindsight, it often becomes clear.

i'm a big believer in human connection, in encountering people face-to-face; in seeing what magic or mystery might appear, or not.

i do it in my daily life, in the street, as i walk, in the places i visit, with the people who come across my path, as i come across theirs.

at night, i find shelter from the elements a most useful gift, one that is shared with me by many generous people.

this nightly sharing of space, this osmotic hospitality, distributed amongst a large number of people, so as not to unduly burden any one person, allows me to walk the earth by day, energized; sharing freely of my gifts, both tangible and intangible, as others share theirs with me.

these small moments constitute the threads of my life, delicately interwoven with the fabric of the world around me.

would you like to become one of the sharers of overnight space, of shelter from the storm?  would you like to become an incubator of possibility, of magic and mystery?

feel free to drop me a line at hippielou [AT] gmail [DOT] com, or drop by the lazy llama [72 e. 1st street],  lilliput [265 lafayette street], or the music inn [169 w. 4th street].

with kind regards and love always, hippie lou :) xo