Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Then i learned how to dodge the draft by squatting in my friend's mom's brownstone in Bklyn Hts.

overnight with a hippie?

i did that in the late 60's
with my hippie
friends, heh-heh...
Then i learned how
to dodge the draft by squatting
in my friend's mom's brownstone
in Bklyn Hts. Real hard times...
But i'm paying the price now...
(i lived my retirement years in
my 20's and 30's, while i was
young enough to enjoy them!)

which price are you paying, 
and what for?

have not seen you since Columbia in spring;
you wore your headphones the whole
time, and after a short while
you decided to walk downtown
instead of listening to my new
songs at the open stage.
hey no problemo, i have more new
songs you won't want to hear either :>)
i do have one song which features a
turtle and an exploding cello,
auto-destruction, 2017 ! ! !

i guess you are relatively safe and
cared for, hopefully this summer is
merciful. if i had another room for
you i would gladly offer it, but my 
living room has no furniture. 
essentially, my living room is my attic.
(note below > > > >  \/   )

our friend tells me "don't worry, just
buy hippie a coffee and a bagel".
she also tells me yer phone was stolen
some time ago; SO,some no-name clown in
the Bronx has been reading all my 
pleading texts: "Mr. Hip where are
you? Come home, all is forgiven!".

Soon come, mon, soon come . .
I'll meet you at lazy llama one of
these days . . .or the sweet coffee
shop at corner of first and first
with that beautiful woman of the 
future. (your future? certainly not 
mine :>)))

anyroad, wishing you all the blessings
of the season; warmth, light, peace,
fellowship, and no more war...

Doug

P.S. give me a shout,let's hang...

____________________

doug, this is a beautiful message, i really appreciate it.

i meant no disrespect that night at Columbia; it's just 
in my elevated state i am terrible at waiting, truly.

and i am also terrible at being sensitive to the needs 
of others, in the moment, which is not my typical 
disposition, so when it appears, it can be quite jarring 
and alienating to the people who love me and who have 
been loving me throughout the years (as i have been 
loving them).  i consider you one of those people.

in short, when i am sick, i get quite selfish and focus 
exclusively on my own needs.  this manifests itself 
in a myriad of ways, over-talking, interrupting, aggressive 
and inappropriate behavior, bullying, irritability, paranoia, 
etc etc.

don't worry about overnight with a hippie, i'm just sending 
it around to people.  some people like it and pass it on to others, 
others are confused by it, others don't know how to respond 
and/or feel guilty about not responding or not offering me 
an overnight visit.

it's meant for people who would look at an overnight visit 
from me with a sense of anticipation, not a sense of dread.
and the message itself is not intended in any way to give 
anyone a "bum trip," in the parlance of hippies everywhere.

would love to get together with you, to see you.  perhaps 
you have a favorite coffee shop, a favorite place?
i'm happy to travel, friday is open for me at the moment.

happy to hear you are writing new stuff and very happy to 
know you are performing.

music inn (169 w. 4th) still looking for someone who repairs 
instruments, fyi.