Sunday, September 2, 2012

But then Blythe’s sister was like “Hippie Lou is totally serious.You have to take advantage of this-it’s a New York moment” and no matter how cheesy that sounds it totally changed my mind.


First things first is Lula’s Sweet Apothecary.

The all vegan old fashioned ice cream parlour in the East Village which opened about 2 months ago now.

I already had plans to meet up with friends there and then a big PPK meet up on the 15th before I got to New York.But then I ended up going there almost every single day they were open.And then I kind of became BFF with Blythe and Derek,the wonderful proprietors.And one night I ended up hanging out there after a school open house for like 6 hours and met this amazing man named Hippie Lou and we talked for hours and he let me get whatever I wanted on him.And he was serious.And I had already eaten ice cream so I wasn’t going to get anymore.But then Blythe’s sister was like “Hippe Lou is totally serious.You have to take advantage of this-it’s a New York moment” and no matter how cheesy that sounds it totally changed my mind and I realized that later is never and I needed to take advantage of being in an all vegan ice cream parlour and being able to get whatever I wanted for free,and so I did.I got a banana split with every topping.Over 19 toppings.All over a banana and a Sweet and Sara Peanut Butter S’mores Pie that Blythe threw in.

There was 4 different types of Newman Os,non pareils,vegan almond joy bar thingies,graham crackers,gummy worms,gummy bears,sour gummy bears,all sorts of nuts,candied pecans,white chocolate chips,all sorts of jimmies,and even carob chips,which I like,and I wanted EVERY topping.And some more stuff topped off with hot fudge,caramel,whip cream,and a cherry.

via bjorkedoff.