Sunday, September 9, 2012

despite all the crap going on, life is pretty good.

wow lou! i appreciate you telling me yr story, though you didn't have to.thanks for entrusting me with it. that's horrible. i didn't think you had done anything really wrong, it would seem so out of character.

i agree with you. despite all the crap going on, life is pretty good. i got a cheap karaoke machine from craigslist today to practice using a mic, on the advice of one of the artists at work- he used to have a band. so i;m gonna plug the thing in & try singing into it like an idiot. at the very least, my friends will ham it up at the next party i throw. so what the hell? why not?

how are things going with yr daughter? have you told her all or part of what really happened? i hope you're able to mend things with her. i just started dragging my 82 yr old father to therapy with me cuz he was driving me crazy lately & i couldn't take it anymore, but i don't want to drift apart at the end of his life or near it, so if someone else says the same things i wanna tell him & he pays for it, he'll listen. 2nd session today. it's tough but we're working thru some deep shit together. it's never too late, but i'm not taking any crap from anyone ever again. not even my dad. i've had all i can stand, lou. i'm really good at unconditional love, but dad's too insecure from his own deepseated stuff to understand that it's unwavering and constant regardless of whatever happens and whether i say it from day to day. it's kinda crazy at my age to go thru all this, but it's about growth & change, so i'm down with it. heal the past and change the future. for my dad and for me. he's still wounded from his dad. we just got to that one today. i've been waiting for someone to call him on that one for a long time. i always saw it. we carry such burdens with us, all of us. it's nice to lighten the load a little. as the witches say, perfect trust, perfect peace. that's not easy.