Tuesday, September 25, 2012

If I don't hear back that's ok, what you said really made me think.


Hey Hippie Lou, thanks so much for sharing that, made me think about it all day. Made me remember of a story from years ago, this young boy came to visit us, he came from Jamaica and his family didn't have much. He stepped into my kids playroom (this is a long time ago) and said "OMG! this is better than toys r us! I was so ashamed of what was in that room, my kids didn't ever care about the stuff, how could they there was just too much of it! I guess I started getting rid of stuff then, giving everything away to hospitals for kids, I still can't believe what I still have here. It is a waste, and it is sad.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

I understand what your saying as far as the connecting thing goes, I think that my reluctance is more in actually meeting someone. I have a lot going on at the moment and feel I need to finish cleaning my act up before I can invite someone in.

My stay here has been brief but I did enjoy meeting you, thanks again.
If you want to keep in touch you can write me.

If I don't hear back that's ok, what you said really made me think.



thanks very much for your nice note.  believe it or
not, it's nice to know that my point of view and/or
take on the world made you think.  it's what i
live for, what i love to do.  because imho we are what
we think, and if we can change the way we think, we
can change the world.  for the better, hopefully. :)

i wanted to share a story with you (attached) about
a profound experience that changed my life.  food
is one of the main characters, and so is "losing it."
thought you might enjoy.

and i get wanting to get oneself together before
inviting someone in.  a couple of years ago, i came
to the realization that my construction attracted ppl
with a similar construction.  to attract different sorts
of ppl, i had to reconstruct.  once i realized the
cause/effect, i wanted to finish reconstruction before
inviting someone in.  kudos to you!

on a lighter note, i love the typeface in your newsletter.

peace/<3 with kind regards, hippie lou